Several Announcements

Several Announcements

Postby Halleck » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:08 pm

I'll begin with the biggest announcement: We are moving to another server. Aggramar, to be specific.

It's a bittersweet moment, to say the least. On one hand, many of us have been on Arthas since we started playing -- I've been here over 9 years. On the other hand, the increasing faction imbalance has made the game nearly unplayable in places like the Timeless Isle or the Isle of Thunder, not to mention the minuscule pool to recruit from as Alliance on Arthas. We're the only active Alliance raiding guild on a high population server, for crying out loud!

The decision wasn't easy, but it's been a long time coming.

In other news, we've gotten a couple new heroic kills. Last Wednesday (Feb. 19), we killed Heroic Galakras, and yesterday we killed Heroic Iron Juggernaut. Hopefully this is the start of a trend, though I know we haven't hit the hard bosses yet.

Additionally, while it's somewhat less of an accomplishment, most of us completed our Glory of the Orgrimmar Raider achievement last night!

Halleck
Guild Master

Class: Warrior

Re: Several Announcements

Postby Warlinker » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:52 pm

about time you updated the website XD!!
Warlinker

Class: Monk

Postby Craven » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:16 pm

Did you guys set a specific day for transferring?
Craven

Class: Druid

Postby Carixie » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:03 pm

Log on once in a while and you will see :) but in case you don't, the plan is to have the first raid on the new server March 19 I believe.
Carixie

Class: Mage

Postby Craven » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:06 pm

I should be back by then, as long as nothing comes up, and we shall have cake and celebrate, and everyone will be happy :D

Also svn and I have an important announcement to make soon, so stay tuned ;)
Craven

Postby Craven » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:03 am

One last comment before the exodus begins. Seeing the rate at which Blizzard is connecting realms, it'll probably be sooner than later before Arthas is connected, which might solve our problem to a certain extent. Would it make sense to postpone the transfer till the xpac at least, to see if the situation changes?
Craven

Postby Halleck » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:55 am

They're connecting realms at a good rate, but no realms with Arthas-level populations have been connected as of yet -- and in fact, none of the resulting populations have been as large as Arthas. I find it unlikely that Arthas will be connected, and it is unlikely that they will do much to balance the factions, anyway (they haven't helped significantly in other connected realms' cases, though they weren't as extreme).

As much as I want to wait and hope, I don't think it's the right decision. I think we're better off moving and establishing ourselves on Aggramar before the release of WoD.
Halleck
Guild Master

Postby Digitalis » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:39 pm

Having quit playing for numerous reasons, I'm very happy to see you guys moving to a server where you can thrive. Arthas was a wasteland Alliance-wise. I hope you continue to kick-ass on your new server and can only hope that your recruits can make the move worth it!
Digitalis

Class: Shaman

Postby Bigguy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:20 pm

Good luck in the new realm! Some day I might move Bigguy over there if he can join. No plans to ever raid but it seems like he should be a member :)
Bigguy
BANNED

Postby Halleck » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:16 am

Just so everyone is aware, the guild transfer is pending. Blizzard says it can take up to 72 hours for a character transfer to go through, and I'm assuming it's just as long for a guild transfer. Please be patient; I will post updates both here and in the MOTD (on Arthas) as soon as things change.

Bigguy wrote:Good luck in the new realm! Some day I might move Bigguy over there if he can join. No plans to ever raid but it seems like he should be a member :)

It would definitely be nice to have everyone back in the guild on the new server!
Halleck
Guild Master

Postby Halleck » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:23 pm

There's a little visible progress now, at least. Halleck (technically "HallecA1E329" -- I have a level 1 holding the actual name) has appeared on Aggramar, but it still says "You cannot log in until the character update you recently initiated is complete."

Hopefully this means the transfer will finalize tonight. I'll keep you updated!
Halleck
Guild Master

Postby Halleck » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:11 pm

The transfer has gone through.
Halleck
Guild Master

Postby Hellress » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:33 am

Cool, thanks - see you on Aggramar!
Hellress

Postby Roivaskrad » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:31 am

Making my way to Aggrimar. Better late then never :)
Roivaskrad

Class: Death Knight

Postby Nomi » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:14 am

Long time no see guys! Hope things are good!

Nice work on the kill! And its a little sad about the move thing, but I completely understand it. I'll be coming back for WoD (probably not raiding though) so I'll have to remember to move my guys over when I re-up. I'm not sure if you can do that without having an active account or not :)

Anyways, I'll see you guys there!
Nomi

Class: Priest

Next

Return to Announcements