The Butchers Leave America's Army

The Butchers Leave America's Army

Postby Beren » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:35 pm

As I posted in the TWL AA Forums:

The Butchers have been on the TWL America's Army ladders since the beginning, having played AA:O since its release in July 2002. We have loved the game and have played a lot of matches on the 2v2 Team Combat, 2v2 Team Objective, 4v4 Objective, 6v6 Combat (the original AA ladder) and 6v6 Objective ladders as well as in the 6v6 Leagues and 4v4 Leagues. We have made it to #1 on the 2v2 Combat and the 4v4 Objective ladders and made it to the #2 spot on the other ladders, so we have held our own.

We have always been one of the top squads on a ladder, regardless of whether it was 2v2, 4v4 or 6v6. While we lacked the skill of some of the "elite" teams, we also lacked the arrogance of many of those same teams. We have butted heads with more than one team over current events at the time. Love us or hate us, we stood up for what we believed was right.

Version 2.1 simply has too many bugs for us to tolerate. We have stuck with the game since the beginning assuming that it would continue to improve, but at this point in time I cannot justify paying for a server that kicks our members due to coding problems that should not exist. The Butchers, as a team, is leaving AA, but a few of our Butchers Again members will remain for a short period...

We will stick around until the end of the 6v6 Invitational League as we do not feel right quitting during the season, even if the game has been adversely changed during that time. We do not intend to leave TWL, we will just move on to another game, possibly returning in the future if things change but that is unlikely.

I would like to express my thanks to my teammates who have done a great job over the past two years in America's Army: AKwolf, Angel, Bigguy, Blitz, GoingPostal, Lite_Em_Up, Mo, Pyro, Radix, Scarbane, StickS and 8B@ll.

There are a number of you that will be happy we are leaving, but I know that we have a few friends out there who don't necessarily share that feeling. To you, I say farewell. Some of those teams, but certainly not all, are: {Khuda}, 10thSFG, =JSS=, NR, FoX, and =BB=.

Finally I would like to thank those Team Warfare Ladder admins that affected us directly and made TWL the place to compete in America's Army matches:

Psicotic1 (what can I say, he's the reason this exists), Terror, Maddog, Purge, Patriots, Dotarp, Jeniva, Scarbane, Deleon and Kermit_T_Frog.
Beren

Class: Warrior

Postby Shuggabear-[IMAGE] » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:49 pm

Well damn i was hopin to actually play u guys a bit since i was whorin your forum and all. Guess ill catch u in the 6v6 invite. GG's Butchers

Shugga

ps. u guys still going to use this forum gets awfully boring at work and i need good jokes to read
Shuggabear-[IMAGE]

Postby Bigguy » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:03 pm

We'll still be here - this site was here before we joined AA and I don't think it's going anywhere.

As far as the 6v6 Invitational League, we were invited but declined - the 4v4 Invitational League will most likely be our swan-song, aside from some Butchers Again matches. It's not too much fun finishing the league when you don't play the game but it was a commitment and we will fulfill the it.

It's been fun!

Bigguy
Bigguy
BANNED

Postby Halleck » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:07 pm

-Spartan-[IMAGE] wrote:Well damn i was hopin to actually play u guys a bit since i was whorin your forum and all. Guess ill catch u in the 6v6 invite. GG's Butchers

Shugga

ps. u guys still going to use this forum gets awfully boring at work and i need good jokes to read

Actually, Razor made a typo there. We're not playing the 6v6 league this time around - just finishing up the 4v4 invitational.

Yeah, this forum will remain active. As was the case when we switched to AA from Ghost Recon, we're not disbanding, just moving on to a new game (most likely Joint Operations).
Halleck
Guild Master

Postby StickS » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:11 pm

It was good times! Some of the teams I was glad we got to play were ISR and Vetro, both good teams with some great guys on them.
StickS
Former Butcher

Postby Beren » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:23 pm

StickS wrote:It was good times! Some of the teams I was glad we got to play were ISR and Vetro, both good teams with some great guys on them.

Agreed, they should have been on my short list, but I did this from work, so I wasn't as thorough as I could have been...
Beren

Postby =ISR=Playtronics » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:19 pm

Well ISR is sad to hear about you guys leaving the invites. We were looking forward to another River Basin match. :o (God Help Us :eek: )

I hope you all return to AAO soon.

By the way if any one still has intrest in playing in TWL AAO and can still bare 2.1 patch let me know.

Hope to see you all around soon. Don't be strangers and come visit us at our forums.

Play :(
=ISR=Playtronics

Postby StickS » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:23 pm

Someday we may return to AA, but right now we could all use an extended vacation from it. We are either already playing or most likely will be playing the new game from Novalogic called Joint Operations:Typhoon Rising. If anybody else has it and plays it come pub with us sometime :)
StickS
Former Butcher

Postby =ISR=Playtronics » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:25 pm

Cool. I will pass the word around. I know you guys are going to own in that game too.

Play :)
=ISR=Playtronics

Postby WarPain » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:25 pm

I will for sure pub with you guys in JO, as i am starting to get into that as well. GG's guys, you have and will always be a respectable team. ill keep poping in and out for old times sake :) .
WarPain
Former Butcher

Postby =ISR=Playtronics » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:32 pm

Looking forward to the visit.

Play :)
=ISR=Playtronics

Postby Zatuzi » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:58 am

:cry: I'm extremely sad to see you guys leaving AA. I never got to play with you guys much, and I'll regret that. You're all a bunch of good guys. And if you ARE moving on to Joint Operations - it's a great game...I played it a few days ago. Have fun with that, guys. I'll still bum around your guys' forums, though. Good luck!
Zatuzi

Postby Dregnus » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:42 am

I downloaded AA 2.1 but didn't give it a shot. With all the bugs I'm glad I saved myself the frustration. I was actually able to play America's Army on my Athlon 1.2 ghz, radeon 7200 back when it first came out, but system requirements have been steadily rising through the roof. I'm lucky if I can squeeze 15 fps on an SF map.

The Butchers will stick around, I'm sure. I've known then since I first played Ghost Recon 3 years ago, back when they were allied with Ir0n.
Dregnus

Postby Beren » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:46 am

I still get 90+ fps on the SF maps with my pc, I just cannot deal with being dropped during a match and from my server every 15 minutes or so because of the poor coding.

The Butchers will still be around, trust me.
Beren

Postby Shuggabear-[IMAGE] » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:37 am

I hate to say it but i think u guys got a bum server, or im just one of the lucky ones who doesnt get booted all the time, and yea i play for more then 15 min. Still gettin around 90 fps on Sf maps. Like i said though maybe im just one of the lucky ones. I might have to try this Joint Operations though, can u actually fly the helicopters or is it like black hawk down.
Shuggabear-[IMAGE]

Next

Return to Announcements