Come Back Train!!!!!

Come Back Train!!!!!

Postby StickS » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:12 pm

Tonight we faced off against CO on Weapons Cache after a stellar start on Assault we were led by some good strats and some seat of the pants shooting by Blitz and Pyro (who managed to pull off an ace the first round) things were looking good with the score being 4-2. After the switch to Defense I rotated out and let Bigguy play. In the first round on D Blitz pulled off an ace to send the score to 5-2. The next round in a terrible stroke of luck Punkbuster decided that Pyro, Blitz and Razor's PB packets were out of date so it purged them from the server leaving Bigguy all alone which ended up making the score 5-3. CO managed to tear up our defense by taking the vent the next 2 rounds tying it up at 5-5. Some seat of the pants thinking(and some excellent shooting ) by Pyro put us up 6-5. In the last round the team came together to pull off the win with the final score being 7-5. GG's CO
Assault team: Blitz, Pyro, Razorback and StickS.
Defense team: Bigguy, Blitz, Pyro and Razorback.
Last edited by StickS on Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StickS
Former Butcher

Postby Mo » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:17 pm

nice job guys.....barely that is
Mo
Bouncer

Postby Halleck » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:22 pm

That was a tough match! I must say, I never thought the vents could be taken like that! But then, I don't play WC :roll:
Halleck
Guild Master

Class: Warrior

Postby Lite Em Up » Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:14 pm

gg's guys

damn pb always punting people, luckily bigguy downloaded PB manually ;)
Lite Em Up
Grand Poobah

Class: Hunter

Postby Scar » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:21 am

Great Job! TAKE THAT TEMPUS AND FINS!!!!
Scar

Postby Halleck » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:52 am

Lite Em Up wrote:damn pb always punting people, luckily bigguy downloaded PB manually ;)
So did Razor and I - at least twice.
Halleck
Guild Master

Postby Bigguy » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:24 am

Yeah, there is a pb problem for some even after the update. I don't understand it.

I feel that the final score was 7-4, that one round counted for TWL but to have the teams at 3 on each side and then the 3 on our side are pb dropped just like that - that isn't much of a win! It didn't actually leave me alone; I was already dead. I do not discredit CO for taking the win (we would have :D ), but it was a pretty lame way to lose a round!
Bigguy
BANNED

Postby Beren » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:50 am

"Come Back Train....Barely"? I don't see it that way. We lost 2 rounds on Assault and we lost 2 rounds on defense and we lost one on defense due to a PB kick due to PB problems.

We did okay on a map that we don't like.
Beren

Postby StickS » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:21 pm

Scar wrote:Great Job! TAKE THAT TEMPUS AND FINS!!!!
Tempus predicted we would win 7-5, how is that bad? Looks like he made a pretty good prediction to me.
StickS
Former Butcher

Postby StickS » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:48 am

Yay for the edit :smash:
StickS
Former Butcher

Postby Scar » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:39 am

"Early in the season I had high hopes for the butchers, but they seem to have lost the spark that they used to have that propelled them to one of the top 2v2 and 4v4 teams in the game"

but i don't agree with his feelings towards our team or any of the other teams, and i don't enjoy reading Predictions/opinions about teams especially when i think they are wrong...yes he predicted a win...but like that was hard to do when you all beat CO in the Open League!
Scar

Postby Halleck » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:32 am

Yeah, I'm sick of their predictions and opinions... They really know nothing.
Halleck
Guild Master

Postby Beren » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:50 am

That's okay, the fact is that we aren't playing with the same enthusiasm that we were 3 months ago. Speaking for myself, I got a little burned out with the 6v6 League.

We'll come back. We just need to get back into the game and play as a team more than we have been. I'm as guilty as anyone...

I do like the fact that Fins made the one prediction that we were basically has-beens. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he the same Fins that was previously on 2ID, a team that we crushed on the two occasions that we played them? Who is he to judge us?

The guys that make the Top Ten teams/Top 20 players/Dream Teams lists just do it to stroke their own egos, so who cares? I hope that every team that we play goes into the matches thinking that we will be push-overs! :D
Beren

Postby Beren » Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:05 am

On the Top 25 teams thread in TWL, I did like Pyro's response:

Maniac wrote:If you don't like it, don't post. Some of us find it interesting.

«ß»Pyro wrote:If you don't like our criticism of these topics, don't post. Some of us find it incredibly stupid.

That's a classic, Pyro, good one! :lol:
Beren

Postby Bigguy » Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:49 am

:lol: That is good!

I get a kick out of the top individual lists because if you aren't relatively vocal on the forums (I was going to say a big mouth but didn't want to offend anyone, lol) no one knows who you are. I remember that Razor and Pyro were on the 'All Star' nominations, I think StickS was too, but no one knows who Blitz is because he isn't vocal. Just an introduction for those of you who don't know him: Blitz is the guy that killed the entire CO 4v4 team on D in the first round of our last Inv. 4v4 match. Not the first time he's done that, won't be last. He is better than 75% of the 'All Stars' and our team depends on him.

And yet he's unknown by the all-knowing geniuses who post this crap. :roll:
Bigguy
BANNED

Next

Return to Announcements