Tidy/Threat Plates

Tidy/Threat Plates

Postby Yurthong » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:44 pm

Hey all,

New to the guild, but been playing almost 7 years. I didn't see any posts in this topis about the addon "Threat Plates", part of the "Tidy Plates" addon. Personally this is a must for raiding, helping tanks recognize what target additional threat is needed on, and for dps to recognize easily when they are approaching a tanks threat. It will re-colour and re-size the nameplates on screen. For example, tanks (in tank spec) will see all threat plates shrink in size and turn green when they have established high threat against the target, medium-sized and yellow if a dps/healer is approaching the thresehold, and large and red when threat has been pulled by healer/dps (opposite for dps, green when you are low threat to red when you have pulled aggro). It is very customizable with widgets to highlight your current target, as well as track class specific debuffs right on the nameplate. Please keep in mind though if multiple classes are in raid, it will show a their debuffs and make it a little harder to monitor which debuff is yours. In my case, I use ClassTimer to clearly show how much time my debuff has remaining.

It is downloadable at Curse. You will be required to get both Tidy Plates and Threat Plates. Threat plates is a skin for Tidy Plates. If you have any questions about setup, I will be more then happy to help, but there are also some Youtube videos showing how to set it up if you don't feel like chatting or I'm not around :)

I use it on all 4 of my tanks and couldn't live without it anymore. It's a little easier now with the threat increase (300 to 500%) but still has it's uses on fights where adds spawn during the encounter.
Yurthong

Class: Rogue

Re: Tidy/Threat Plates

Postby Halleck » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:48 pm

That sounds nice; I'll have to check it out. I've been using Aloft for a couple years now and I couldn't live without it for similar reasons, but (threat-wise) all it does is recolor based on threat status (for me, green = I have aggro, purple = someone is approaching me, and red(?) = I don't have aggro). This sounds like it would be even more useful!
Halleck
Guild Master

Class: Warrior

Return to Interface and Macros