Post your macros

Re: Post your macros

Postby Halleck » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:18 am

Taken from WoWHead comments, here is an intelligent mout macro (factoring in Dalaran and Wintergrasp's mounting restrictions) that will also dismount from vehicles (flying carpet, mammoth, chopper...).

Meltdown wrote:this is my mount macro. there are many like it, but this one is mine.

it will call a flying or a land mount depending on the zone. another click will dismount you. works also in dalaran and wintergrasp and with vehicles like mammoths. this macro is for the english client. sorry for the ugly formating, it was quite hard to squeeze all the code into 255 characters ;)

Code: Select all
/run if IsMounted()or CanExitVehicle()then Dismount() VehicleExit()return end local m,z=2,GetZoneText()local f=IsFlyableArea()and z~="Wintergrasp"and (z~="Dalaran"or GetSubZoneText()=="Krasus' Landing")if f then m=1 end CallCompanion("MOUNT",m)

you will have to edit it to call the right mount depending on the mounts you got in your list:

m,z=2

sets the mount that will be called to the second mount of the list. you have to replace the 2 with the ID of a land mount.

m=1

replace the 1 with the ID of a flying mount.

the numbering of the mount ID starts with 1 at the mount in the upper left corner of the first page of your mountlist. the first mount on the second page has ID 13 etc.

if you use a client in another language, you will have to replace the zone names like "Wintergrasp" and "Krasus' Landing" with the appropiate translation.

Or, here is my version, because I like to be able to tell whether I'm in a mountable area by looking at the icon (same basic instructions):
#showtooltip [outdoors]Winterspring Frostsaber
/run local m,z=36,GetZoneText()local f=IsFlyableArea()and z~="Wintergrasp"and (z~="Dalaran"or GetSubZoneText()=="Krasus' Landing")if f then m=24 end CallCompanion("MOUNT",m)
/dismount
/run VehicleExit()

Obviously, change the name of the mount in the first line to whichever mount you want to show.
Halleck
Guild Master

Class: Warrior

Postby Tastywaffles » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:38 am

Some enhancement specific macros I use

/castrandom Stormstrike, Earth Shock, Lava Lash, Lightning Bolt
/stopcasting

Lazy man's dps macro

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=5 Windfury Weapon, Flametongue Weapon;
/castsequence reset=5 16, 17;
/click StaticPopup1Button1

Greatest macro ever, gets rid of the "ARE YOU SURE?" non sense.

#showtooltip
/cast [nomodifier] Lightning Bolt
/stopcasting

/cast [modifier:shift] Lightning Bolt

Saves space, and prevents mistakenly clicking lighting bolt and reseting the swing timer.

#showtooltip
/cast Earth Shock
/startattack

Because sometimes I found myself not swinging at a mob.
Tastywaffles

Postby Bloodgaze » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:45 pm

If you haven't noticed from other posts I'm obsessed with travel macros. Here is my latest for our furry friends:

#showtooltip
/cast [combat][indoors]Darkflight; [swimming]Swimming Mount Name; [flyable]Flying Mount Name; Running Wild
Bloodgaze

Previous

Return to Interface and Macros