Dragon Soul Begins!

Dragon Soul Begins!

Postby Halleck » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:40 am

Well, last night we made our first venture into Dragon Soul, and I have to say, I think we all were expecting more. While we only killed the first four bosses, we never touched the PTR, and we got the first two on our first attempt. Ultraxion should die tonight from what we saw last night, but let's hope the last three offer a little more of a challenge.

UPDATE: Night #2 yielded two more dead bosses before we went and cleared Firelands to continue working towards our still-unfinished legendary staff.
Halleck
Guild Master

Class: Warrior

Re: Dragon Soul Begins!

Postby Nyssaele » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:24 am

The lack of Challenge was a bit disappointing, given the new LFR system I would've expected easy modes being left for the pugs, we should have no problem making into heroic progression and that'll hopefully be an improvement.
Nyssaele

Class: Hunter

Re: Dragon Soul Begins!

Postby Halleck » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:40 am

I completely agree. I assumed the LFR system was implemented so they could make the "real" raids more challenging. I mean, I can see the tier 11 raids being easier (which they weren't, relatively to previous introductory tiers), but this is the last tier of Cataclysm -- it should be a challenge!

Of course, as you suggested, perhaps in Heroic this tier will show its true colors, but from what we've seen so far, Firelands is more challenging. I think Firelands normal modes are more difficult than the first few encounters, and while Ultraxion was a gear check, it's a much simpler encounter than Baleroc was.
Halleck
Guild Master

Class: Warrior

Return to Announcements