*RESOLVED* Guild Hacked

*RESOLVED* Guild Hacked

Postby Halleck » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:03 pm

Overnight, a hacker took control of my account, seemingly deleted my character, and disbanded the guild. As of this moment, an individual (whether related to the incident or not) has taken my name and has formed a false guild under the name of The Butchers. He is apparently giving out our website, so I am posting this just to avoid any confusion in case he is attempting to besmirch my/our name in any way.

WoW Account Services has been contacted, and hopefully this issue will be resolved shortly.

*UPDATE*
Everything has been recovered! The Butchers you see in-game are genuine.
Halleck
Guild Master

Class: Warrior

Re: ***Guild Hacked***

Postby Homieg » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:34 pm

damn...apparently you managed to get hacked by the only hacker who doesnt work as a gold seller... :jaw:
Homieg

Postby Bloodgaze » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:15 pm

This almost sounds like an act of vengeance. Either that or someone found out about the situation and decided to be a D-Bag. GMs manage to track the IP yet?
Bloodgaze

Postby Nomi » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:18 pm

Firespawn wrote:This almost sounds like an act of vengeance. Either that or someone found out about the situation and decided to be a D-Bag. GMs manage to track the IP yet?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who came to this conclusion. There's no way this is a gold seller, this is far, far too much effort for someone who isn't either (a) a complete asshole or (b) have personal vendetta to settle. And I'm too cynical to believe that anyone could be so much of an asshole that they'd go this kind of extra mile just to be a prick, so I'm going to go with (b).
Nomi

Class: Priest

Postby Ashimaru » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:48 pm

Debbier.. oh wait..
Ashimaru

Postby Ayortha » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:11 pm

That's some shady stuff man and I'm sorry to hear it.

Hope the catch the ba****d
Ayortha

Return to Announcements