So disappointed with 1.9 Pally Talent (Test Realm)

So disappointed with 1.9 Pally Talent (Test Realm)

Postby Sixthday » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:23 am

about 80% are still the same and, especially, all 31 point talent.

What a joke.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... #post92832

First Time, Blizzard make me want to quit :sad:

And if the rumor that they will increase the monthly fee by 20%, I will quit. serioursly.
Sixthday

Postby Nomi » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:48 am

I think the changes are over all pretty nice. I'll agree about the 31 pt talents, but if you've looked at the Priest trees you'll understand why a great deal of sympathy from us isn't forthcoming :)

I'm just confused as to why BoK is at the top of the Ret tree. Meh. Looks to me like they added a nice little buff to 8 or 9 talents. Not sure how much you were expecting?
Nomi

Class: Priest

Postby Sixthday » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:30 pm

Nomi wrote:I think the changes are over all pretty nice. I'll agree about the 31 pt talents, but if you've looked at the Priest trees you'll understand why a great deal of sympathy from us isn't forthcoming :)

I'm just confused as to why BoK is at the top of the Ret tree. Meh. Looks to me like they added a nice little buff to 8 or 9 talents. Not sure how much you were expecting?

I am expecting some buff in pally pvp, especially, more controllable DPS.
Sixthday

Postby Nomi » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:35 pm

sixthday wrote:I am expecting some buff in pally pvp, especially, more controllable DPS.

I thought that came from the skill changes, more than the talent changes?

From the forum reactions, about half the pallies are up and arms and the other half are practically salivating at the mouth for PVP with the new talents. Shaman were complaining that 1.9 gives them some PVE advantage & Pallies PVP advantage (their complaint is mostly that this waters down the uniqueness).

That Eye for an Eye thing sounds rather nasty to casters. Most casters were pretty leery of it.
Nomi

Postby Myuu » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:42 pm

i can see how pally damage will definitely go up now. The sad thing is that pallys will go through the same thing druids went through.. other people deciding how they should play.
Myuu

Postby Nomi » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:47 pm

Myuu wrote:i can see how pally damage will definitely go up now. The sad thing is that pallys will go through the same thing druids went through.. other people deciding how they should play.

Bah. Most classes have that problem, it's hardly specific to Pallies or Druids. Priests & Warriors suffer from it too. I don't know the others as much, but I'm sure they have it to some degree.

*shrug* Everyone has to make a sacrifice to some extent for the raid team.
Nomi

Postby Halleck » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:48 pm

That's what all healers go through... mainly those that don't consider that the other classes can't heal.
Halleck
Guild Master

Class: Warrior

Postby Bigguy » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:17 pm

We should let them DPS and not heal, buff or cleanse! Of course, we'd get nowhere end game, but hey! It's their $15 a month! :roll:
Bigguy
BANNED

Postby Ataeus » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:21 pm

Bigguy wrote:We should let them DPS and not heal, buff or cleanse! Of course, we'd get nowhere end game, but hey! It's their $15 a month! :roll:

And their 15g repair bills :D
Ataeus

Postby Beren » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:23 pm

Ataeus wrote:
Bigguy wrote:We should let them DPS and not heal, buff or cleanse! Of course, we'd get nowhere end game, but hey! It's their $15 a month! :roll:

And their 15g repair bills :D

And ours' too! :roll:
Beren

Class: Warrior

Postby Myuu » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:23 pm

good paladins know how to do both at the same time. relying on just one aspect of a class is a crutch.
Myuu

Postby Nomi » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:29 pm

Myuu wrote:good paladins know how to do both at the same time. relying on just one aspect of a class is a crutch.

Too true! That's why in the interests of speeding up our 10/10 runs I often step in as MT while Beren eats & heals up. The only problem there is I often DPS down the mob before the rest of the raid focuses on it and that's no fun now is it!
Nomi

Postby Ataeus » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:37 pm

Nomi wrote:Too true! That's why in the interests of speeding up our 10/10 runs I often step in as MT while Beren eats & heals up. The only problem there is I often DPS down the mob before the rest of the raid focuses on it and that's no fun now is it!

Hehe... that's not you Nomi, that's my Imp. We just let you think you're DPSing him down. :roll:
Ataeus

Postby Bigguy » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:52 pm

Myuu wrote:

good paladins know how to do both at the same time. relying on just one aspect of a class is a crutch.

No comment.
Bigguy
BANNED

Postby Druina » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:40 pm

Myuu wrote:good paladins know how to do both at the same time. relying on just one aspect of a class is a crutch.

There are points during mc when all I want "good paladins" to do is to cleanse, cleanse, cleanse... lucky us, we have good paladins :)
Druina

Class: Druid

Next

Return to General Discussion