Mount changes

Mount changes

Postby Beren » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:59 am

Can you believe this?
In the next major content patch, we intend to adjust mount requirements to further improve the leveling experience in World of Warcraft. In addition, cast times for summoning all mounts will be reduced to 1.5 seconds, down from 3 seconds. The following is a breakdown of the upcoming cost and level requirement changes we are making for each riding skill.

Apprentice Riding (Skill 75)

* 60% land mount speed
* Requires level 20
* Cost: 4 gold
* Mount cost: 1 gold
* Mail will be sent to players at level 20 guiding them to the riding trainer

Journeyman Riding (Skill 150)

* 100% land mount speed
* Requires level 40
* Cost: 50 gold
* Mount cost: 10 gold
* Mail will be sent to players at level 40 guiding them back to the riding trainer

Expert Riding (Skill 225)

* 150% flying mount speed; 60% land mount speed
* Requires level 60
* Cost: 600 gold (faction discounts now apply)
* Mount Cost: 50 gold
* Can now be learned in Honor Hold (Alliance) or Thrallmar (Horde)

Artisan Riding (Skill 300)

* 280% flying mount speed; 100% land mount speed
* Requires level 70
* Cost: 5,000 gold (faction discounts now apply)
* Mount Cost: 100 gold
Beren

Class: Warrior

Re: Mount changes

Postby Lissuania » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:28 pm

I think everyone should be forced to suffer the slowness of the 60% flying mount. :D But then again, I'm probably the only person who likes Outland.

As for the level reductions, that's the trouble with these kids today; they all want something for (practically) nothing.
NOW GET OFF MY LAWN! :x

In all seriousness, Blizzard may be coming to realize that their new susbscriptions may be dwindling and to extend current player interest in the game (ie re-rolls, alts, etc), things gotta get faster. IMO the game starts at 80 anyway.

I am much more eager about getting my hunter to 35 for more profession training now that she won't have to walk everywhere.
Lissuania

Postby Beren » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:24 pm

Lissuania wrote:I think everyone should be forced to suffer the slowness of the 60% flying mount. :D But then again, I'm probably the only person who likes Outland.

As for the level reductions, that's the trouble with these kids today; they all want something for (practically) nothing.
NOW GET OFF MY LAWN! :x

In all seriousness, Blizzard may be coming to realize that their new susbscriptions may be dwindling and to extend current player interest in the game (ie re-rolls, alts, etc), things gotta get faster. IMO the game starts at 80 anyway.

I am much more eager about getting my hunter to 35 for more profession training now that she won't have to walk everywhere.

You can still get a mount at 30 instead of 40 like it was originally. I have to admit that it will be very nice to get an epic mount at 40 and to be able to fly in the Outlands at 60. The only thing that bothers me is that they continue to dumb down the game. It is affecting every aspect of the game...
Beren

Class: Warrior

Postby Nomi » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Beren wrote:You can still get a mount at 30 instead of 40 like it was originally. I have to admit that it will be very nice to get an epic mount at 40 and to be able to fly in the Outlands at 60. The only thing that bothers me is that they continue to dumb down the game. It is affecting every aspect of the game...

I think this is less about dumbing down the game and more about speeding people through 1-70, which I think we'll agree is now just prelude to the real game.
Nomi

Class: Priest

Postby Ernieboy » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:06 pm

reading those mount changes... I remember saving up my gold to buy my riding skill and mount.. now at level 20 you can have it for a total of 5g? :( boooooo
Ernieboy

Return to General Discussion